arowana colours and morphs

bicboihulk

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2016
at least 180 eh? looks like i have some bit of planning up ahead. the lfs said their arowanas start at 6-9" so it will probably be better to just get a brand new tank first i'm thinking

Reactions: Rotaryp04s

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
. . . . 24" width wont be big enough for asians... i know many people and have seen
many that are 24-27" + so the bare minimum width would need to be 30-36" looking
at a ideal 84" (7') x 30"/36" (30"-3') x 24" (2') as for color it's what you can afford and
what you like.

the cheapest asian arowana are green & banjar followed by the rtg (red tail gold),
then hbrtg (high back rtg). then you have the goldxb (gold cross back) and reds
like the chilli red. then you go on to the premium like blue base goldxb, super red,
24k goldxb 24k goldxb gold helmet/full gold helmet, albinos, platinum & other man
made morphs with different base colors and etc. you also have to factor in the
quality of each specimen.

Barriefishguy

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2017
I havent actually been in the store. But its called live exotic imports based in toronto. Joey Diy king just got one from there
I know the owner of Exoctic imports, good guy i got my Hybrid female ray from them, They have incredible Aros but their Reds are not cheap. I was strongly considering getting a Merlion Harmony from them, it is a new strain exclusive to Dream fish farm from Singapore. It is a new strain on the market so it is at a lower value rightnow and not as well recognized as say a 24K or BBXB but i find it has incredible colors. They keep most of their fish at NewMarket Aquarium.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store