Arowana community tank

jusy74

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2011
philippines
What is your take on Arowana community tank? I've been told not to try but the temptation and videos on Youtube says other wise. I've seen a few videos of tanks with multiple Arowanas in them. I am planing on putting a BBGXB, XBFH and SR in one tank (8' x 3' x 2.5'). I was advised not to, but the though of having all 3 in one tank seems to linger in my head forever. To those that attempted, what could possibly go wrong? Was is fatal or tolerable? Kindly enlighten my stubbornness...

Reactions: tlindsey

digestion3

Feeder Fish
Sep 6, 2020
can but fights will occur. how often and how severe is depending on the individual arowanas temperament. are they all the same size? you can try add some stronger flow and some ppl do 24/7 lighting also but im not too keen on the lighting. your tank size is fine. can also add some tin foil barbs to split the aggression if you want. 3 is minimum number in my opinion and 5 will be better but all depends on the individual fishes. ive seen comm tanks where got no fights and some where its like a free for all sometimes.

Mr.Fang

Feeder Fish
Sep 30, 2020
What is your take on Arowana community tank? I've been told not to try but the temptation and videos on Youtube says other wise. I've seen a few videos of tanks with multiple Arowanas in them. I am planing on putting a BBGXB, XBFH and SR in one tank (8' x 3' x 2.5'). I was advised not to, but the though of having all 3 in one tank seems to linger in my head forever. To those that attempted, what could possibly go wrong? Was is fatal or tolerable? Kindly enlighten my stubbornness...
Yes, keeping arowana in a community tank is a trial and error i have tried it but my HBRTG is very bully but i kept my patient trying to put other fishes unfortunately i already have lots of casualty but still i keep pushing to have a community tank now my HBRTG is 23 inch and has 8 pcs. Peacockbass and and indo tiger inside the tank and now I'm still growing my payara and goliath and suler high back rtg so i can put them all together.

received_675801306358219.jpg

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Welcome, @Mr. Fang! Your tank looks good. I would not suggest it, but with patience, it probably could be done

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store