MFK Member
Aquafreak;2612772; said:
Will salt alone treat the fin rot?
Water changes.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
VampAro69;2612960; said:
I think my arowana has worms coming from his anus. Is that protruding anus or nemetodes. From what Ive studied they are two different things.
What color are these worms? If red, this is camallanus worms. The only treatment that would be very effective are the levamisole hydrochloride or flubendazole. Levasole is another name for the former.

StripeGirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2007
Boston, MA
Droopy Eyes
Cause : Fat accumulation on the eyes due to overfeeding. The "looking down" for food and other attractions due to tank kept environment. Another known cause is feeding chunky pieces of meat. This is non fatal and it is only cosmetic. If the fish is released back to the pond, the eyes will be back to normal. Symptoms : The eye protruding and slanting downwards. Remedy : Cover all sides of the tank completely with thick dark colored paper all the way up to the top (prevent outside light from entering into the tank from the side). Position a centralised light source. Switch on the light for 12 hours a day. During feeding, try feeders that float..eg.. frogs and crickets. If feeding market prawns, try hand feeding and not letting it sink to the bottom. Cut down on diet. Cut feeders into small pieces before feeding it to the Arowana. Change the location of the tank to one of lower elevation. Remove the paper covers only after 3 months.

I do not agree with most of this.

VampAro69

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
Venice, FL
Lupin,

Yes they are small red, threadlike, and a lot bunched up togather. Ive put him in a cure tank with parasite cure drops and a tablet that disolves to help get rid of internal and external parasites, it was the closes things to worm treatment i could find.
Thanks i will try to find what you mentioned today at the lfs. I figured it was camallanus worms because i googled it for a long time yesterday.

cambo01

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
chesterfield uk
MsMassPoly;2613026; said:
Droopy Eyes
Cause : Fat accumulation on the eyes due to overfeeding. The "looking down" for food and other attractions due to tank kept environment. Another known cause is feeding chunky pieces of meat. This is non fatal and it is only cosmetic. If the fish is released back to the pond, the eyes will be back to normal. Symptoms : The eye protruding and slanting downwards. Remedy : Cover all sides of the tank completely with thick dark colored paper all the way up to the top (prevent outside light from entering into the tank from the side). Position a centralised light source. Switch on the light for 12 hours a day. During feeding, try feeders that float..eg.. frogs and crickets. If feeding market prawns, try hand feeding and not letting it sink to the bottom. Cut down on diet. Cut feeders into small pieces before feeding it to the Arowana. Change the location of the tank to one of lower elevation. Remove the paper covers only after 3 months.

I do not agree with most of this.
you beat me to it lol
i thaught dropeye was genetic

MysticVampyre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
So wat are the thoughts on Silver Aro's starting to swim wif tail elevated?

Second time this has happend now to different Aro, same tank.

Has a lump in tummy.

Swimming all over the place (faster than normal) ate lastnight also.
Guy juss woke to this this morning.
Aro still quite young also.

Any thoughts people?

*Mystic*

boxman

Feeder Fish
Oct 17, 2010
new york
I have a pearl green and in the last week or so it has become very shy. Darting when I get close or just getting startled for no reason. Fish is about 14 inch. In a 6 foot 150. No tank mates. Why is this happening. Can't see anything wrong with the fish. Looks fine but not acting normal any idea.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store