Arowana Drop eye, cure?

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
All the larger silvers I kept eventually got DE. It did not help that I moved twice in a year and they kept banging their heads on the glass tops.(head trauma theory)

I now have 24"+ blacks and they are doing great.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Suga

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2017
Florida
I have two aros, black and silver. I have them both for almost 3 months now living in the same tank. The silver is developing DE on its left eye. It is getting worse in the past one week. I dont know what or how to fix it. The black does not have DE. So Maybe it is common for silver aro to have It living in a fish tank. They were normal when I got them about 10" in size and they are about 12.5" now.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have two aros, black and silver. I have them both for almost 3 months now living in the same tank. The silver is developing DE on its left eye. It is getting worse in the past one week. I dont know what or how to fix it. The black does not have DE. So Maybe it is common for silver aro to have It living in a fish tank. They were normal when I got them about 10" in size and they are about 12.5" now.

It is more common with Silver not sure if Black Aro's develop DE.

Leo Messi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
Switzerland
They do. :) I've seen a few photos online of black aros with DE. Just not as many as Silvers.
Whats weird is most ppl havent seen a Black with a DE yet. Or like maybe 1 or 2 but hundreds of Silvers with an extreme DE.

I'd say about every 2nd Silver I have seen above 20¨ has at least 1 DE. At least thats what I have seen so far in person and on pics.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store