Arowana no eating

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
How long have you had him and how long have you been trying the foods? I'm surprise he didnt go for the crickets, but everyone is different.

I would keep starting with the pellets and make sure they aren't too big. Do you have access to frozen krill or frozen blood worms. They love both. But always start with pellets when training, imo.

Mack1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2017
How long have you had him and how long have you been trying the foods? I'm surprise he didnt go for the crickets, but everyone is different.

I would keep starting with the pellets and make sure they aren't too big. Do you have access to frozen krill or frozen blood worms. They love both. But always start with pellets when training, imo.
Two days now. I have small pellets and I will get some frozen foods if you think it will help. The previous owner told me today that he was feeding it tilapia and minnows

Lsey81

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2016
Pittsburgh-ish
I've had great success with Hikari carni sticks...as my arrowana was keen on being fed live only...I was also told by a trusted longtime fish keeper to soak food in garlic if it won't take...I'm not sure how true that is but it may be worth a try...oh and one thing I've noticed, my silver likes her water warm...like 82f anything under 78...she stops eating, hope you get yours eating!

Reactions: tlindsey

Mack1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2017
I've had great success with Hikari carni sticks...as my arrowana was keen on being fed live only...I was also told by a trusted longtime fish keeper to soak food in garlic if it won't take...I'm not sure how true that is but it may be worth a try...oh and one thing I've noticed, my silver likes her water warm...like 82f anything under 78...she stops eating, hope you get yours eating!
I think your suggestion on the temperature might've done it I bumped it up to 80 last night and this morning he is destroying pellets

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store