Arowana sick! HELP!

CMTrey5

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2015
Hey all, hope everyone is doing well. One of my Silver Arowana hasnt been doing great lately. This started about 3 weeks ago when I noticed that he had this white fuzzy fungus like stuff on his body/scales. I instantly did a big water change when i saw it, and it did help. The fungus like stuff disappeared for the most part. Some of it turned black like it had been burned or something, but then after a whole week I would say it was completely gone... until about a day ago. The white stuff came back, and it was even worse than before. So I proceeded to do a big water change again. And a lot of the white stuff came off while I was doing so. It is about 2 days after the water change and he currently still has a little bit of the white fungus on him still. But a lot more black stuff on him than before. I am not sure what is going on. He is the only fish in the tank that is havig this problem. He is about 3 years old now. And has never had issues until recently. Attached are images of what he looks like as of right now. If anyone could help, that would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Current stock: 2 silver arowana (1sick), 1 jardini arowana, 2 peacock bass.

45BDE16F-345F-4E74-8D66-E69D5014D33F.jpeg

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
he looks like he is getting beaten up. Can you get him into his own tank? Still eating?

Reactions: tlindsey

CMTrey5

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2015
he looks like he is getting beaten up. Can you get him into his own tank? Still eating?
He’s still eating, fins are better. I can temporarily get rid of whats on him, but it keeps coming back 2-3 weeks after a water change.

CMTrey5

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2015
Hey all, hope everyone is doing well. One of my Silver Arowana hasnt been doing great lately. This started about 3 weeks ago when I noticed that he had this white fuzzy fungus like stuff on his body/scales. I instantly did a big water change when i saw it, and it did help. The fungus like stuff disappeared for the most part. Some of it turned black like it had been burned or something, but then after a whole week I would say it was completely gone... until about a day ago. The white stuff came back, and it was even worse than before. So I proceeded to do a big water change again. And a lot of the white stuff came off while I was doing so. It is about 2 days after the water change and he currently still has a little bit of the white fungus on him still. But a lot more black stuff on him than before. I am not sure what is going on. He is the only fish in the tank that is havig this problem. He is about 3 years old now. And has never had issues until recently. Attached are images of what he looks like as of right now. If anyone could help, that would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Current stock: 2 silver arowana (1sick), 1 jardini arowana, 2 peacock bass.

View attachment 1287234
The main problem here is a white fungus looking film that is on his body, sometimes his eyes and face area.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store