Arowana Tanning light

RealCrix220

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
I have a RTG I just want him looking the best I can get him. I feeding large worms carrots as Ive been told it will help the red in him.

I also have white sand, no background on a white wall and white lights. I do want to upgrade my bulbs so there's fresh.

Reactions: Barriefishguy

Barriefishguy

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2017
I have a RTG I just want him looking the best I can get him. I feeding large worms carrots as Ive been told it will help the red in him.

I also have white sand, no background on a white wall and white lights. I do want to upgrade my bulbs so there's fresh.
Time is all it will need at this point, just have patience

Reactions: RealCrix220

giar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2016
Indonesia
Hello; Seems there is something to learn all the time. "tanning" a fish is only a recent thing to learn for me. A fellow member was going to have a light on constantly for five days a week but decided against it due to the algae growth.
yes.. and that was me =P

giar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2016
Indonesia
only super red aro needs to tan In my experience.

best to tan once your aro close to 30cm. just blast it for 12hours a day for the 1st month, and 24/7 once you see it is not swimming in an angle the next month or two once your aro is about 35cm.

expect algae to grow. get uv sterilizer to battle the green water. scrub the tank regularly for those algae attached on the glass. that, or be friend with algae.

stop tanning if the aro refuse to eat, or parking at the bottom.

i started to tan my king red arowana about 6 weeks ago when he was like 28cm, now he is more or less 30-32 cm, and i can see a lot of improvements on his color... improvement as in obvious improvement.

Arowana_forever

Exodon
MFK Member
May 10, 2021
RTG will improve gold tone when it gets older and older

For XBACK tanning is not really required better let it develop naturally

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store