henward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Hello there
i have tried alot of combos
and i can tell you now
you may have injuries, death and all sorts of problems with your koi or big goldfish
ill tell you why

a german scientists did a study believes that fis produce a form of INATE frequency, in fact all animals do. Instict really.

By instinct, fish are either dominant or submissive, passive. Strong or weak. Basically, FOOD OR NOT FOOD.

goldfish are definately one of those fish - through instinct, predatory fish like arowanas should attack or try to get aggressive towards them. Due to size, if a gold fish is the size of your fist and your are cannot swallow it, IT WILL TRY.

Koi may be different, but may not be, somepeople feel cheap KOI to aros and piranhas too.

Reason why catfishes and things are ok is because the nature of life with fish, these guys are bottom dwellers and play a part in nature - so instinct tells them to leave them alone.
But eventhen, sometimes they will be attacked, OR THE OTHER WAY.

If you try this, big tank is a must, maybe hidng places. Or lots of plants.
but arowanas KNOW if there is prey o something to fight with in the tank.... THEY WILL HUNT THEM DOWN. FROM EXPERIENCE.

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
Some people keep them in outdoor ponds. Saw some in Asian before, but make sure they are the same size or the goldfish or koi will become food. The only downside to this is that your koi or goldfish will mostly like eat your aro's food.

itzshadow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Stockton
henward;2531574; said:
Hello there
and i can tell you now
you may have injuries, death and all sorts of problems with your koi or big goldfish
ill tell you why

a german scientists did a study believes that fis produce a form of INATE frequency, in fact all animals do. Instict really.

By instinct, fish are either dominant or submissive, passive. Strong or weak. Basically, FOOD OR NOT FOOD.

goldfish are definately one of those fish - through instinct, predatory fish like arowanas should attack or try to get aggressive towards them. Due to size, if a gold fish is the size of your fist and your are cannot swallow it, IT WILL TRY.

Koi may be different, but may not be, somepeople feel cheap KOI to aros and piranhas too.

Reason why catfishes and things are ok is because the nature of life with fish, these guys are bottom dwellers and play a part in nature - so instinct tells them to leave them alone.

but arowanas KNOW if there is prey o something to fight with in the tank.... THEY WILL HUNT THEM DOWN. FROM EXPERIENCE.
hmmm....i think im just gonna keep him in a tank by itself i dont want any casualties lol, but thx for all the info^^

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
henward;2531574; said:
Hello there
and i can tell you now
ill tell you why

Interesting, you wouldn't have any links to this study would you?

henward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
hi
no i dont sorry
i dont know where i read it, i remember reading it. not sre if its in the internet or TV.
could be like a similiar david attenborough type of documentary on national geo or discovery.
its instinct realy not a specialfrequency, but vibrations fromeh fisha nd how they swim and stuff.
fish just know other fish with their postures. It makes sense though i think.

itzshadow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Stockton
wow that thing looks rediculous, but don't arowana's need heaters? i tried putting a divided section for my goldfish tank, and when the water was warm the goldfish swam around funny.

Knowdafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Philippines
King-eL;2531634; said:
Some people keep them in outdoor ponds. Saw some in Asian before, but make sure they are the same size or the goldfish or koi will become food. The only downside to this is that your koi or goldfish will mostly like eat your aro's food.
:iagree:

zerojquan85

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2008
So-California, US
i can see why ppl like to put them together.. but.. i dont..

Koi is Koi. .Arow is arow..

lets keep the natural order of things as is ya??? ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store