arowana

RUN!!!! RUN FOR UR LYFE

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2018
in my fishing place stocked with 40 different types of fish, one of them is the arowana. they can be spotted on the surface but from my experience they avoid lures, i am thinking of using a grasshoper lure since, well that's what aros eat. when hooked they jump, shake their heads and are quite good at spitting out hooks. what lures do you think work for arowanas ?

elting44

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2007
Salina, KS
Let me preface this by saying I have never fished for arowana, but if I were....

Rebel makes a lure called a Crickhopper that is a 1-1/2" top-water plug. It has two treble hooks so might be hard for the arowana to shake it.

https://www.amazon.com/Rebel-Lures-Crickhopper-Fishing-Lure/dp/B003CUNKQQ?th=1

They come in 6 colors so you could match it as best you can to your local grasshoppers. Or the brown cricket color has been successful for me.

I would recommend crimping or filing down the barbs on the treble hooks. the hooks are tiny and if both get buried in the fish it can be a pain getting them out (for you and especially the fish)

Where are you located? How large are the aro's you will be fishing for? Good luck and share some pictures. It would be f

RUN!!!! RUN FOR UR LYFE

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2018
Those aros are about 2-3 footers. And by the way they are scared of poppers so i will have to play lures gently, atleast not enough to scare the arowanas. I am in indonesia and the arowana species is the silver arowana,stocked in a pond

brooklynrenaye

Feeder Fish
Feb 21, 2018
Looking for some advice on my albino Asian arowana. He is still a baby he’s 6 inches we’ve had him for about a week now, the first few days he was fine he was swimming through the bubble in the tank like he was so happy to be “home” he ate some floating pebs and seemed to be fine with the cichlids in the tank. Now he’s laying on the bottom of the tank ALL day and he’s begun swimming into the tank decor. And he seems to not even want to swim He will try and just sink back down won’t rise even to mid point of water. I’m very worried about him and want to do everything I can to make sure he is okay . Help

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Those aros are about 2-3 footers. And by the way they are scared of poppers so i will have to play lures gently, atleast not enough to scare the arowanas. I am in indonesia and the arowana species is the silver arowana,stocked in a pond
Try a live cricket on a small barbless hook

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store