Arowanna killer

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
You'll likely need a much bigger sump for a tank that size, remember it has to contain the overflow from the tank when the pumps go off. Assuming it's normally half full, that leaves you only 12.5 space. Calculate how much water the tank will lose when the pump is off (to the top of the drain), then double it and that should give you a minimum sump size.
x2, if not, you'll find your floors flooded if your pump fails or stops.

exwp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2011
Michigan
hmmm....yes, once again you are correct. Hey, I fish Bluffers Park sometimes. Next time I go I'll let you know. Big salmon. They ruin my gear but too much fun not to catch. My friend Ron is on the way back from there right now. I need to look at the tank at Lou's Pet Shop again. I'm using that as a model. I'm buying the pumps, filter media, and sump through them. I have plenty of time to plan this out. I going to get rid of the RTC so I don't need to have it ready right away. This way I can keep the aro by himself. That seems to assure the longest lifespan. You know how that goes though. I very seldom see a large aro in a tank by himself.

exwp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2011
Michigan
Igor is now over 4 inches. He's still eating well and swimming well. I'm stcking to bugs for now.

exwp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2011
Michigan
Thx for reading. Not really sure what you're getting at. The saga of Igor continues. I'm not really sure where he's putting all the bugs he's eating. It's mayfly season here. Mayflies are 1-2 inches long. He polishes a few off a day. Plus crickets, flakes, flies and what ever else gets caught in the net when I scoop them up off the porch light. Friends that have fish have really been impressed with his growth. I need to post some pics. It's hard to get a good one with all the plants, but I'll try. Camera is low priority since salmon and steelhead fishing is in full swing on the Great Lakes. The thread on carbon in filtration was interesting. I'm wondering if I need it. The wife is overjoyed with the success so far. She loves her Igor.

exwp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2011
Michigan
Well, it appears Igor is going to llive a long happy life. Perhaps this thread has served it's purpose.

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
YAHH!!

wilkinson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2009
Upper Uranus
Change straight from tap, and dump in some prime right after. When you get into fish with bigger bioloads like stingrays, it becomes impossible to find enough space to age enough water. In my case, I have nowhere to be aging about 200 gallons of water every 3 days.
+10

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Well, it appears Igor is going to llive a long happy life. Perhaps this thread has served it's purpose.
Quite the saga, glad to see your aro is doing well:thumbsup:

exwp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2011
Michigan
Igor is now 6 1/2 inches. That's over 4 inches in six weeks. I started feeding him Hikari Arowana sticks today. I break them in half, but probably don't need to. He "Igorly" gobbles them up. His color is excellent. I've been removing plants here and there so I can get some good picks of him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store