AS PROMISED, "coolest looking oscars ever" 1 month later

haywood

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2005
nj
Well I told you guys I would update you with pics once a month of my new albino oscars. They've grown quite a bit, probably an inch or maybe more. They have been on a diet of Wardley Cichlid Pellets, Hikari Cichlid Gold, Gamarus, baby brine shrimp, and bloodworms. I've been on a search for albino ruby red oscars and low and behold they got them in a few weeks ago at the store I got my other oscars from. I just brought the ruby red home today. The oscars have been getting along well but the angel has been pretty aggressive towards them... nothing too serious but he keeps them in place. The O's should be moved to the 55 gallon this weekend. Here are some pics when I first got them....

And here they are now...

Their orange colors have thinned dramatically.... anyone know why? I'm kind of disappointed after seeing the pics side by side, they don't even look like the same fish. Hopefully the orange/red colors will fill out more as they grow. They still look pretty badass.

Flash used on these pics

No flash pic....

And here is the new guy, albino ruby red

Flash pics...

No flash pics...

What do you think???

TheMightyOscar

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
New York
the ruby red is awesome!

as i said in the first thread about them..the colors will change..in another month they wont even look like the same oscars..it happens with all of them..as my tiger was growing..every 2 months he'd look completely different until he reached 10"

dougefresh

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Delaware
lookin good.....:( ashame they lost all that orange they were amazing looking when you first got them........

RedWild

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2006
Hong Kong
Your Angel is going to have some serious issues when the Oscars grow up. I used to keep them together, guess what, my Oscars killed 3 of my Angels and chew them to pieces last year.
Nice O's anyway

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
They look good. Keep them healthy!

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Looks like they'll be holding on to those patterns for awhile. Looks great!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store