Asian arowana

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
First, make sure Asian Aro is not Illegal to your location.
Second, the bigger tank the better but 6x2x2 is the smallest footprint tank to house 1 (the longer, wider (length/width) tank the better.
Third, variety food always best option, and don't feed it live feeder fish.
*If you aim to get more than 1 then best number to go is 5 (the higher number the better but required a massive tank to house them all)

Reactions: Bigfishnut

TheOscarFishKing

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2017
First, make sure Asian Aro is not Illegal to your location.
Second, the bigger tank the better but 6x2x2 is the smallest footprint tank to house 1 (the longer, wider (length/width) tank the better.
Third, variety food always best option, and don't feed it live feeder fish.
*If you aim to get more than 1 then best number to go is 5 (the higher number the better but required a massive tank to house them all)
I would like to have oscars with it and they would be raised together young do you think that will work out

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I would like to have oscars with it and they would be raised together young do you think that will work out
I myself don't keep oscar with Aro because most of the time it will out compete food at feeding time, it's greedy and aggressive eater will give young aro a hard time. Another thing is that you don't want a cheap fish damage or do anything harms to your prize expensive fish.

TheOscarFishKing

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2017
I myself don't keep oscar with Aro because most of the time it will out compete food at feeding time, it's greedy and aggressive eater will give young aro a hard time. Another thing is that you don't want a cheap fish damage or do anything harms to your prize expensive fish.
Wel I just looked up my regulations and I can't keep them here but I can keep silver what would you say about them I really need tank size

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
You can go with the same size tank as the Asian and get either a jardini aro or a leichardti aro. Jardinis are fairly common and not too expensive. Leis are usually available late winter and cost 3-4 times the price of a jar.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
How fast do they grow
They grow quite fast like an inch a month for the first few years of its age. So if you get 1 at 6 inches then you would looking at +/- 18 inches Aro a year later, they are potential reaching 36 inches if given good food and water condition, my old silver (male) was 35.75 inches and was live in 10x4x4 food tank.
Silver Aro tend to get "dropeye", and it does look ugly and might effect/annoy you with that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store