Asian Arowanas and Certs

Fry

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
New York
hked24 said:
yea bro this is because u r in canada . it is legal to sell aro but in USA is illegal to sell that y most cheaper kind asian aro like green dont have cert.
that doesn't explain why the greens don't have certs in the U.S.

Cimmel1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2005
Canada
All my aros came with certs. Both of my greens, rtg and 1.5. But I live in canada and it's legal to buy them here. I think the ones without certs come from so called "backyard breeders" and are smuggled into the country illegally.

Fry

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
New York
Cimmel1 said:
All my aros came with certs. Both of my greens, rtg and 1.5. But I live in canada and it's legal to buy them here. I think the ones without certs come from so called "backyard breeders" and are smuggled into the country illegally.
my thoughts exactly, also they could be wild caught or bred from recently wild caught specimens

if we really love these fish we should let them be replenished in the wild instead of buying a specimen with no cert that contributes to the destruction of the species

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Whoa, nice aro fishy, I can't wait till mine gets that big. Mine came with papers, but it's because it;s in Canada. Green is the only asian aro I'd be willing to buy, arowanas are just too jumpy! Buddy of mine just lost his big redtail gold, he came home to find the lid and light in the tank and the fish on the floor.
If I spend 1000.00 on a fish, it's gonna be an unkillable Aussie lungfish.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
DO NOT BUY A ASIAN ARO WITHOUT A CERT

the cert is prof that the aro is captive bred it has the chip number on the cert to prove the aro is what you are paying for

no cert no chip so it could be wild caught if you continue to buy wild caught aros in the US asian aros will never be made legal again

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store