Astronotus Rubrocellatus courtesy of Mr. Jeff Rapps

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Great looking Oscars...love the wild coloration, especially the cream colored stripes. Reminds me of the old school oscars I used to keep way back

Reactions: 'Merica

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

'Merica

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2016
Northern Idaho
Any updates on them? Would love to see pics.
My female ended up killing the male months back while I was gone and I rehomed the female to a local hobbyist. They are amazing fish. I see that Rapps has them in stock again. I''ve scaled back on the amount of tanks I have set up currently and am down to 3 up and running. If I get any more oscars in the future I really want Bahia Reds and will probably keep individuals in their own tanks. Currently, I have a 16" Cichla Pinima,1 m and 2 f motoros in one tank, a florida gar and silver dollars in another and a reef tank.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
My female ended up killing the male months back while I was gone and I rehomed the female to a local hobbyist. They are amazing fish. I see that Rapps has them in stock again. I''ve scaled back on the amount of tanks I have set up currently and am down to 3 up and running. If I get any more oscars in the future I really want Bahia Reds and will probably keep individuals in their own tanks. Currently, I have a 16" Cichla Pinima,1 m and 2 f motoros in one tank, a florida gar and silver dollars in another and a reef tank.
Very nice selection. I had bahia reds in the past and liked them. They don’t have much red but the shape of wilds is what drew me in. I have old videos of them in a riparium with C Cincta. I miss them.

I have some Crassipinnis on the way myself.

Reactions: 'Merica
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store