Atabapo pic

Hadrian

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
virginia
Well it seems I was pretty faithless-just this week my "Crenicichla Sp. Rapps Atabapo Pike" has started to get nice and colorfull-looks like the beginnings of a great fish. Here's a shot of him with a nice red cheek and also a bit of HLLE above his eye.

DSCN0637.JPG

Hadrian

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
virginia
I've been changing about 40% 3x a week, adding vitamins and feeding a wide variety of foods-with noy much luck. i just bougth some Metronidzole- should I treat with it, and if so will it effect my bio-filtration.

driftwood

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Hadrian;550141; said:
I've been changing about 40% 3x a week, adding vitamins and feeding a wide variety of foods-with noy much luck. i just bougth some Metronidzole- should I treat with it, and if so will it effect my bio-filtration.
I love Metro! I think its great but you should try to find the powder if you can and treat a second time right away if you don't see noticable results. I also add alittle bit extra for the first dosage and then follow the directions. I like Metro because it doesn't seem to harm the Bacteria. I accually use it every 6 months or so as a perventative.

amazonfishman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005
On the Rio Araguaia, I wish...
Nice to see a pic, looking good man, have you noticed any improvements in the HITH with the water changes or are they just keeping it from getting any worse? I'm picking up some of that stuff this week also to start treating mine to get it gone hopefully. Keep us posted on the coloration!

driftoowd: is that a atabapo severum in your avatar?

k98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
CANADA
ingest is better

andregurov

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
future wetlands, Louisiana
Metronidazole works quite well for many parasitic infections. It works even better at higher temps, around 90 degrees F. However, telling the difference between HLLE and HITH is not the easiest thing in the world. What size tank is your pike in? I would just keep up with the significant water changes, vitamins, and diverse foods. It may help to drop the GH of the tank as well, as many blackwater cichlids suffer from HLLE due to elevated bacterial counts and stressful water conditions. Metro will do nothing for HLLE. It may help some with HITH. Either way, it will definitely help clear out internal parasites. Nice pike - good luck with it!

J

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store