ATF ID please is this a Brevis?

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
The first one looks for sure Goliath, the second though is tougher, its snout seems a bit short for Goliath along with the tail not quite looking right. I'd it seems to only have a spot on its adipose vs all colored so it might be brevis or forshalii can't remember which

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I thought that too but I realized that the 2nd 1 is much smaller than the first so that could be why as well. I guess we'll just have to see when Rob gives us info when and if he finds this thread

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
I wouldn't say it's a goliath because the bottom jaw is longer than the top and the eye looks big to be a GATF, I could easily be wrong tho, I'm guessing you can't get any in tank pics? It's hard to tell the fin shape in the pics you have

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Are you talking about the top or bottom? The top has the long jaw and the properly shaped tail for a Goliath and the bottom also seems to not have that tail but we don't have a very good pic for the ID of that one

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

eddyMFK UK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2014
United Kingdom
yea the pics aren't great, I asked the guy if he could show me pics of the two he has in stock. I didn't take them myself. I think the larger one may be a Goliath, cause of the shape of its tail. I'm not sure about the second one, hoping brevis but could just as easily be a forskahlii

Jiyowel

ATF Master in Training
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
Chicxulub Chicxulub

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store