Aussie natives Stocking.

amehel0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
golden perch twice his size. that was it. he kept chasing it and golen perchs are shy. plus he was hogging all the food. so now hes in a 2 foot. but he will get moved to either 4-5 foot soon.

gruntaz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2006
central coast, australia
oh ok its better to move them beause if they get too stressed and lay around the grunter will probably start to try and take chunks from them/it.
ive seen spangled perch doing it to GP like three times as big at a shop how can they not see what they are doing?

amehel0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
yeh . anyways grunter is cute but hogs all food. but hes soooooo coool.anywya he only gets 20cm where as jungle perch get 45cma,tilapia get 40, jar gets 60cm bass get 35cm and scat 30cm. and golden perch get 75cm(although i will sell him at 45cm). silver perch are getting given to lfs as they are too aggressive. they will most probably terrorize tank.i will have to see. for all i know the grunter may live in the 4' for his whole life.

gruntaz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2006
central coast, australia
id have to say a large GP will own almost any other fish to try to mix with it they end up SO buff

gruntaz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2006
central coast, australia
you could wait and just see how your GP turns out it may be mellow most are.
also you will have quite a while before it gets very big they grow slow as hell.

gruntaz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2006
central coast, australia
sounds good i actually do wonder why they are so rare (not all of them) overseas our grunters are much like most cichlids just more agro haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store