• No

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
The whole point of this is to have everything transparent, I want everything out there and up front so everyone on this site has a say in what happens. The intent is for people like Woefulrelic Woefulrelic to be able to speak their piece when need be so that if an award isn't deserved to be given, it isn't. There's been plenty that haven't made the criteria for whom their thread was deleted with no award issued.

There's no real issue with the system itself to cause this thread, I personally consider it to work. I just want to create a new award category to recognize both types of contribution a member can make.
Stated as a member, not admin: I truly feel we should be recognizing those who add to the overall quality of the site, not just the hobby. This is our home, these are our ways of recognizing those who improve it. To me these are distinctly different.

Some members enjoy doing write ups that teach us about a species or care profile of said species, some enjoy helping those who need help with the setups and filtration. Is helping a person design there sump or fix a problem less valuable than a species write up? No, they are different in their own right yet equally bring value to both the site and other members.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I think a community contributor and a "constructive" contributor. One for those actively helping in threads and one who's helping build the site through stickies and social media and all...

Just my 2c

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I think a community contributor and a "constructive" contributor. One for those actively helping in threads and one who's helping build the site through stickies and social media and all...

Just my 2c
Exactly what I'm aiming to do Hendre! :D

Thanks for putting that so simply lol

Reactions: Itsadeepbluesea

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Ok so here's the thinking:

These awards will be used for people who increase the knowledge available to the community:

contributor gold.png contributor silver.png contributor bronze.png

These awards will be used for those people who are always posting links and helping to SPREAD that knowledge and grow the community by engaging noobs and the like:

meritorious a.png commendation a.png achievement a.png

(The way I had envisioned those awards being used has been basically ignored since the beginning, so I'm going to use them for this instead)

I'll work on getting the info in the system up dated this weekend. Should the points be equal for both? At this point am I trusted enough to have discretion in determining which of these each member who has a contributor award should have? Or is there some other way we should do this?

Last edited:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I say keep it simple and in your hands. Other members supoort the nomination they speak up. If they dont support it they need to man up and speak their minds. At the end of the day it falls in your lap lol

Reactions: Chicxulub

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington

These awards will be used for people who increase the knowledge available to the community:

View attachment 1300021 View attachment 1300020 View attachment 1300019

These awards will be used for those people who are always posting links and helping to SPREAD that knowledge and grow the community by engaging noobs and the like:

View attachment 1300026 View attachment 1300025 View attachment 1300024

(The way I had envisioned those awards being used has been basically ignored since the beginning, so I'm going to use them for this instead)

I'll work on getting the info in the system up dated this weekend. Should the points be equal for both? At this point am I trusted enough to have discretion in determining which of these each member who has a contributor award should have? Or is there some other way we should do this?
It’s probably best you take point on deciding for a while until the rest of us get our heads around which is which. That way no one is discouraged from submitting an entry due to confusion.

Also you have the hardest to spell username and owe us something for having to type that out. You’re gunna have to put in work to make up for that champ

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Also you have the hardest to spell username and owe us something for having to type that out. You’re gunna have to put in work to make up for that champ
Lmaoo soo true. When ever i tag him i need to check the spelling atleast twice.

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008

View attachment 1300021 View attachment 1300020 View attachment 1300019

View attachment 1300026 View attachment 1300025 View attachment 1300024

Sounds good!

Reactions: Chicxulub
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store