Axie update

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
Go_redfish Go_redfish could you post a picture of the pothos rack when its completed, I have pothos in 2 of my tanks and would like to see what you have in mind for a holding rack. Right now im using old nets with the mesh part cut out to hold the pothos up in the tank so the roots are sitting in the water
Yes will post pics. I have in mind a kind of hammock made from a thin pvc frame with a plastic mesh hung in. I want it to be low profile enough that its not terribly noticeable.

Reactions: troutman54

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I've read its not hard to breed them. I dont really want babies tho. My permit allows me to house what I have but I can't sell or rehome them to anyone living here.
I didn't do anything to make them breed, I guess they were just happy and healthy. It's a cool thing when they do, you get heaps of eggs like frogspawn and they hatch into a tadpole like thing and slowly grow legs. Only a few actually made it to adult size though, most died or they ate the small ones.
I did hear if you add salt to the water it can encourage them to breed but not sure if it's true.
As you got your daughter to do so much research first you probably know all this anyway.
Just out of curiosity why can't you sell them if they breed?

Reactions: Go_redfish

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
I didn't do anything to make them breed, I guess they were just happy and healthy. It's a cool thing when they do, you get heaps of eggs like frogspawn and they hatch into a tadpole like thing and slowly grow legs. Only a few actually made it to adult size though, most died or they ate the small ones.
I did hear if you add salt to the water it can encourage them to breed but not sure if it's true.
As you got your daughter to do so much research first you probably know all this anyway.
Just out of curiosity why can't you sell them if they breed?
I live in VA. I have a permit to house restricted species and to rehabilitate specified wildlife. If i were to be caught selling them I would lose my licence to rehab.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store