Axolotl eggs!!!!

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
anyone here ever raise axolotls from eggs? my tank is full of them! I have just been letting nature take its course but not sure exactly if I want 100 plus babies. from what ive read they will eat each other and most who raise them do it separately and it looks labor intensive. should I just keep them in the tank with the adults and let nature take its course?

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Hey can you post picture of the parents I see sperm deposits all the time but I think I have two males I just need a better reference

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
I will take some when I get home. it'll be tomorrow I only have computer access at work. i'm not sure which is the male or female. maybe MrsE88 MrsE88 knows how to sex them???

Reactions: tlindsey and Dloks

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Sadly I wouldn’t know anymore then what google could tell me. I’ve only seen axolotls from a distance at the pets store.

Reactions: tlindsey and Dloks

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I never answered the original question, haha.

How many do you want to keep?
Personally I’d likely let them naturally dwindle down and then remove however many I wanted to raise in separate containers. Once big enough, reintroduce them into the main tank. Or sell if that’s the goal.

Or to keep things simple just sit back and see what happens.

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
anyone here ever raise axolotls from eggs? my tank is full of them! I have just been letting nature take its course but not sure exactly if I want 100 plus babies. from what ive read they will eat each other and most who raise them do it separately and it looks labor intensive. should I just keep them in the tank with the adults and let nature take its course?
I’ve never raised any from eggs but I’ve gotten some barely born with just a head and tail. They are very easy to raise. Chopped bloodworms or micro pellets worked for me. They do cannibalize at small sizes usually eating limbs and stuff

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store