axolotl invasion

icarus2006

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2018
NE Ohio
hi everyone, just wanted to see all the axolotls here. everyone in poly forum have been great, so just wanted to say hi to everyone on this side of the tank.
here is Mr Sprinkles in his old 30g tank (kids named him)20180508_141255.jpg
and I have a melanoid as well named Lord Vader (I'm a nerd) but I don't have any pictures of him. he is in a 20g long for now.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
hi everyone, just wanted to see all the axolotls here. everyone in poly forum have been great, so just wanted to say hi to everyone on this side of the tank.
here is Mr Sprinkles in his old 30g tank (kids named him)View attachment 1320983
and I have a melanoid as well named Lord Vader (I'm a nerd) but I don't have any pictures of him. he is in a 20g long for now.

Mr. Sprinkles looks great.

icarus2006

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2018
NE Ohio
They are both males. We were hoping Vader was a female but shortly after we got him, his bulge started showing.
Here is Vader, I found a picture of him. He will be going in the 60g with Mr sprinkles in the next day or two. He had a bit of fungus on his gills so just finishing up a salt bath routine and letting sprinkles get used to the new tank by himself since he is older. Resized_20180519_213524_3054.jpeghere is a picture of the 60g tank. It was marked as a 40g acrylic breeder. I knew it wasn't, but didn't want the guy to want more money for it if I told him .20180618_104710.jpg I reinforced a TV stand to support the weight and painted it, then made lids out of some thin acrylic. I only have about 60 bucks into it.

icarus2006

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2018
NE Ohio
Check online or your local fish store, if they don't have them, ask if they can order. I was super surprised to see that the little independently owned lfs by me had them. That's where I got Vader, I was looking online, but shipping makes me nervous. I'd feel terrible if they left the box out in the sun on my porch and it died. They are a interesting creature all around and quite easy to care for. They don't like high water flow (it can cause their gills to curl) and gotta have a place to hide. Plants aren't a necessity, but Mr. Sprinkles loves to lay on top of them (I use fake plants) where as Vader just pushes them around.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store