Baby Adonis Pleco

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Just bought him 2 months ago and he is thriving.. but always like to hear about others who own Adonis Pleco.. appreciate all the tips and info..

F

FishHeadSoup

nice, how about a close up shot? =0)

got driftwood in there for him?

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
nice!! get him some bog wood i keep about 10 large peices in a 90G mines always chewing on the wood for the sugar also keeps the ph low and they are stressed easy the wood gives em a hiding place all the time and a power head is also a good idea they come from fast water as for food mixed food pellets for bottom feeders and shrimp pellets or frozen krill,brine,blood worms round out the diet needs .

starrfish71

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2005
Gainesville, Florida
I have two babies right now- the smaller one is only about 1.5 inches- he has grown sort of crooked. The other one is perfect and is at least 2.5 inches. They have driftwood and plants to munch on, plus I feed them krill and all varieties of frozen adn dry foods. I love them!

I paid $61 ( including shipping) for three 1 inch babies- one disappeared the first week. I think I have had them for three or four months now.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
That is a nice adonis you have there.

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
my adonis is very active at about 5". If its been a few weeks since the last time I fed him any high protein foods, he will come to the surface, and swim upside down and eat plankton and krill (Freeze dried) right off the top. Keep a good high protein diet, these guys do not do well with out some for of high protein, the krill is a good source, I us blood worms, and brine shrimp for mine, both frozen. other than that looks pretty good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store