baby clown knife more active???

Peackockbasslove

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2017
hi everyone i have a baby clown knife he's about 4 inches in a 72 bow front growout tank in the tank with him theres 4 2-5 inch blue gills 2 baby warmth sunfish and 2 3 inch bala sharks all the clown does is hide and move 3 inches once a day to eat a pice of tilapia is there any way to make him more comfortable and maybe more active or do they just hide while there young???

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
My clown is around 14" and hides all the time. I think some are just shy. I basically celebrate everytime he comes out for more than 5 seconds

Reactions: alecrromine

alecrromine

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2015
Kentucky
mine is around the 13" mark, got it around the 4" mark. as soon as I added it to the tank it swam around for a bit then claimed a flower pot and that's where it stays until the lights are out.

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
Checkout my thread about my royal. It's seriously every photo I have of him. One of my favorite fish ever but soooo shy

Ashl33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2017
I just brought a baby clown knife yesterday hes about 2'', hes got the tank to himself with some rocks and a pot to hide in but if you stand close to the tank watching him he'll swim up to this same spot at the front and stay there until you go away, when he can't see you or it's dark he's very active. Eating bloodworms straight away :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store