BABY CRAYFISH

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
They are actually pretty easy to care for.

Make sure they have hiding spots.

Feed them, they are scavengers and will eat most anything good fish food, veggie based fish food, veggies such as peas, kale, spinach, frozen foods, live foods they are not picky. Get a piece of cuttle bone and toss that in for added calcium leave their molts in the tank they will consume them to regain calcium. Quick blanch any veggies in boiling water cool and serve. Things like leafy greens that are not consumed quickly will foul water so be prepared to remove them after a few hours if you use them. Peas I like peas and I'll buy a few bags of frozen peas from the store for myself I'll open a bag and use part of it and share with my snails and crays. I let them thaw and give a little squish before I toss them in. The adults don't need them squished but the babies do. Peas provide a good protein source and calcium along with other vitamins.

Keep the water clean as low on nitrate as possible.

Most fish will view the babies as food. Any fish with them?

Temp average tank temp is good mid 70sf

Feed them daily for quickest growth but be ready with water changes. The ones I've had go from babies to about an inch and a half long in about two months.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store