Baby Gecko lives another day

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Heard my GHXB's plastic screened tank lid get popped a bit; went and investigated and didn't see any insects on the lid as is sometimes the case, figured maybe he ate it already. Then this little guy suddenly jumped down from under a glass bracing and skeedaddled across the water surface like the Road Runner lol and up the other side of the tank in the far corner. Grabbed a net real quick and got him out of there before the Aro could jump again.

Baby Gecko.jpg

Aro wasn't too happy about his treat being stolen and it would have been a nutritious snack, but I didn't want him to jump again for it and possibly hit the bracing, nor to reinforce that behavior natural as it is.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Heard my GHXB's plastic screened tank lid get popped a bit; went and investigated and didn't see any insects on the lid as is sometimes the case, figured maybe he ate it already. Then this little guy suddenly jumped down from under a glass bracing and skeedaddled across the water surface like the Road Runner lol and up the other side of the tank in the far corner. Grabbed a net real quick and got him out of there before the Aro could jump again.

View attachment 1401241

Aro wasn't too happy about his treat being stolen and it would have been a nutritious snack, but I didn't want him to jump again for it and possibly hit the bracing, nor to reinforce that behavior natural as it is.

The Aro is fixated on the baby gecko lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store