baby silver arowana sick !!

aniketvaze74

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2011
india
my baby silver arowana abt 5 inch long is laying at the bottom of the tank..i think he is sick ..he just lay at the bottom tell me how to cure him is there any solution or he will die.....reply as fast as possible ....i need help

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
This behavior is typical of a stressed arowana. Did you just get him? Any tank mates? What are the ammonia, nitrite levels? Tank size? Gonna have to give us more to go on.

aniketvaze74

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2011
india
ya i got him few days back....he is in 55g tank with onother same size arowana but he seem perfect to me both of them brought on same day,he lay on the bottom as if he is dead .i m planing to get bigger tank after

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Most likely it is or was being chased by the other arowana. Not a very high chance of success keeping two aro together.

cancanbaji

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
Chennai, India
believe me, cant keep 2 silvers in a same tank... seperate them and he will be fine in a day...

Sent from my GT-S5360 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Nemesis12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2013
Indiana
I'm having the same problem buddy.
I just reduced the current at top of tank and turned down the water flow from the filter to ease the surface.
I've been told they sleep at the surface..
And if they have powerful currents and what not, they wont be able to sleep and get stressed.
But Im no expert...Still having my own aro problems to cure. Good luck.

Nemesis12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2013
Indiana
Also I've been told using blackwater extract will help lower stress levels a little... Don't take my word for it havent used it yet! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store