Baby ST

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
or maybe CT.

Just picked it up, running around to set up a tank now. I just couldn't give it up!!! >.<

It's not the best pic and not the cleanest bar!

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

Reactions: dr exum

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Interesting,cant wait to see the fish out of the bag and in the tank after it has settled down a bit.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
A little more clear pics.

I wish I could offer more than this 5G tank & not hide it.

I can afford a large tank, but I promised my family that I will never purchase another fish again.

Sigh

I shouldn't go in to the fish store, & I just couldn't pass this up :/ *headache*

It's very active too! >.<

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

Last edited:

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
does not look like an st to me
Me neither.
So tell me what does a CT / ST looks like in your eyes?

Is it.. the following;

1) 2nd bar is not full wrapped?
2) 3rd bar sway 45 degree angle?
3) 4th bar doesn't have a noticeable budge on top nor bottom like most IT does
4) tail bar 3 stripes or 2 stripes (full wrapped or not?). The bar stripes doesn't determine if it is an IT or CT / ST. We had a discussion on MFK about this finding years ago, its controversial.

Out of all the above, what do you see in my first picture on my 3rd post? :)

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
so this was years ago..

I owned this before, and sold to this guy and he got the fish damaged by an arowana..

At the time, kricherson said it's a ST too. (notice the tail bar on the left side?, 3 stripes? fully wrapped?) :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
.....aside from all of that it is a bit difficult to tell as the next set of photos are not much better than the first....just take some clear photos of the fish lol!
I'm not saying that they don't but I have never seen a pulcher display that indo like blotchyness.
I'm not hatin,if you bought it as a pulcher then I hope that that is what it is.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
....and for some reason that link will not open for me.It's showing some crap about me not being permitted to view it lol.....whatever.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
.....aside from all of that it is a bit difficult to tell as the next set of photos are not much better than the first....just take some clear photos of the fish lol!
I'm not saying that they don't but I have never seen a pulcher display that indo like blotchyness.
I'm not hatin,if you bought it as a pulcher then I hope that that is what it is.
Nope! I got it for $65 advertised as IT.

At the end of the day a $65 fish vs a $5000+ pulcher. It will not be perfect, but it does have the characteristics. I brought a larger tank already, and hopefully it will survive till adulthood! :)

I totally agree with you about the clear photos :) I can tell you one thing, the bars are not clean, it is not the same type of clean bars as the fish in the link. I will repost the link pic once I get home tonight :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store