Back at Long Last

Icecold Dan

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 10, 2018
Earth
I've only been here a year, and I've enjoyed my time and learned a lot, but sometimes some people here can be elitist dicks.

Guy is excited that he's getting back into the hobby that we all enjoy. Says he gets a free 120 and wants to share his excitement with us. He says it's a 120 but mistakenly adds the dimension numbers in the wrong order and people chastise and patronize him for it. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

J Jamo3030 Welcome back to the hobby. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your new aquarium.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I've only been here a year, and I've enjoyed my time and learned a lot, but sometimes some people here can be elitist dicks.

Guy is excited that he's getting back into the hobby that we all enjoy. Says he gets a free 120 and wants to share his excitement with us. He says it's a 120 but mistakenly adds the dimension numbers in the wrong order and people chastise and patronize him for it. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

J Jamo3030 Welcome back to the hobby. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your new aquarium.
Seriously lighten up homey. All i did was ask him the dimensions. No chastizing or patronizing from my end. Sheesh.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be

How in the bloody hell are people chastising and patronizing him? Literally NO ONE has said anything of the sort to op. The only person that should be ashamed of themselves is you.

He said and I quote,
Last weekend I got a 120g tank for FREE. It's an odd size, 24x24x48
going based off of the fact that it’s common to put the dimensions of an aquarium as length x width x height and the fact that standard 120 gallons are Infact 48” x 24” x 24” it is no suprise that the change in numbers slipped some peoples minds and they didn’t question it or notice it. Everybody in this thread would have been in the right to question him if it was 48 inches long or 48 inches tall.

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
And I actually did have a 300X300X1200 tank.

It was 4 feet tall. It was a PITA. And yes, in that's in mm because metric is the international standard. :cry:

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
And I actually did have a 300X300X1200 tank.

It was 4 feet tall. It was a PITA. And yes, in that's in mm because metric is the international standard. :cry:
How did you reach the bottom of the tank?

Jamo3030

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2010
Mid Atlantic
Yeah folks I have to agree with the last response. Holy crap forgive me for posting the dimensions in the wrong order. When I use to be on here people helped each other and made this fun. I really didn't expect to get this kind of BS response on my first post back. Grow up.

Jamo3030

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2010
Mid Atlantic
Obviously the tank is not a 4' column. No I haven't seen many tanks that are 2' deep at only 4' long. If I had I would have worded this differently. Lets all get over ourselves and get to what this is supposed to be about

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Yeah folks I have to agree with the last response. Holy crap forgive me for posting the dimensions in the wrong order. When I use to be on here people helped each other and made this fun. I really didn't expect to get this kind of BS response on my first post back. Grow up.
This is unreal. No one was criticizing you. All we asked for is that you clarify the dimensions! Its not unheard of to have a 48" tall tank and you yourself said it was an "odd size"! I was excited for your tank and your return but I'll step off with my "bs response" and you can mix it up with all the other folks who describe tank size HxWxL or whatever other commie nonsense you kids are pushin these days!

Im as puzzled as you are man. People these days get offended if the wind blows it seems.

Jamo3030

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2010
Mid Atlantic
Ok let’s all calm down. Sorry backfromthedead. I didn’t mean to get touchy.

Also nobody has actually responded to the post. I think that’s what had me frustrated. It became about the order in which I listed the dimensions and not my actual post.

Reactions: Backfromthedead
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store