Back in the hobby!

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Awesome Dloks bro, your daughter is adorable and nice to see you sharing the hobby with her, that's great dad stuff my man.
Thanks brotha that means A LOT. Trust me when I had to sell the big tank it broke her heart, oh man I don’t even want to say how she felt when I had to sell her stingrays. She cried for hours. We make all our pets family so it was hard for her to sell her rays. It’s like her little sister, shoot she calls our dog Avery her little brother. Imagine how bad it sounds when she tells her teacher that her little brother is in a cage or how he knibs her arms all day

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Bro being a dad was the best thing that’s ever happened to me, it really humbled me down, yea there’s times I want to rip my perfect hair off my head haha but man I can’t imagine life without my two monsters. They are fearless and gonna be strong women when they grow up. If you are in the right place and time in your life I would definitely try for kid(s).
Thanks man. I’ll take that.

Reactions: Dloks

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I can’t believe I’m getting so emotional and $# .... I mean, nice axos bro. Your daughters cute. Something about this is just messing me up right now. I can’t wait to buy my kids rays. And big giant tanks:WHOA:

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I can’t believe I’m getting so emotional and $# .... I mean, nice axos bro. Your daughters cute. Something about this is just messing me up right now. I can’t wait to buy my kids rays. And big giant tanks:WHOA:
I'm getting all misty-eyed too! :cry: Buuuut, and I"m not trying to burst anyone's bubbles, just wait til they're teens and then let me know what you think lol! Just kidding, I'm sure you're both better parents than this single dad -- I raised my daughter to be independent and strong-minded, but I also made the mistake of spoiling her materialism-wise too much. So now at 13 let's just say I've already got my hands full lol. Then even if they're mostly good you still worry about boys chasing 'em and all that, not to mention phone addiction, social media etc. Dloks later you might consider to do same as me -- just shave your hair short so you don't have to worry about pulling it out :)

Reactions: Dloks

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I'm getting all misty-eyed too! :cry: Buuuut, and I"m not trying to burst anyone's bubbles, just wait til they're teens and then let me know what you think lol! Just kidding, I'm sure you're both better parents than this single dad -- I raised my daughter to be independent and strong-minded, but I also made the mistake of spoiling her materialism-wise too much. So now at 13 let's just say I've already got my hands full lol. Then even if they're mostly good you still worry about boys chasing 'em and all that, not to mention phone addiction, social media etc. Dloks later you might consider to do same as me -- just shave your hair short so you don't have to worry about pulling it out :)

All of that said, have to agree with you Dloks, despite the challenges overall it's had a super positive effect on my life too, really settled me down, haven't been to the "Sin City' part of the island in ages, pretty much stopped after she came into my life, priorities changed.

Anyway, since my daughter is now more into make-up than monster fish, I'm going to bequeath my/our 2 Asian Arowana to your daughter, so you can tell her she's 'part-owner' too (technically more than you:) Just don't forget to tell her about the Dept. of Fish & Game side of things some day when she's old enough to understand.

Reactions: Matteus and Dloks

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Bro this is so special. I’m tearin up over here. Now I want kids. I was taking care of a friends tank and his daughter (my god daughter) was helping me out. I’d carry the big rocks but she would pass it all to me. It was so adorable, helps take away fear of being a dad I guess. Lol
The 1st time the child wraps its hand around your finger the fear melts away. Ive learned more from my kids than i could ever teach them.
Tour gonna be could at it simply because your scared of NOT being good.

Bro being a dad was the best thing that’s ever happened to me, it really humbled me down, yea there’s times I want to rip my perfect hair off my head haha but man I can’t imagine life without my two monsters. They are fearless and gonna be strong women when they grow up. If you are in the right place and time in your life I would definitely try for kid(s).
Bro your daughter is beautiful! She reminds me of mine haha my son doesnt like messing around with worms but my daughter thinks they're cute haha.

Man they are gonna turn out perfect they have you as a role model

• Love

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
All of that said, have to agree with you Dloks, despite the challenges overall it's had a super positive effect on my life too, really settled me down, haven't been to the "Sin City' part of the island in ages, pretty much stopped after she came into my life, priorities changed.

Anyway, since my daughter is now more into make-up than monster fish, I'm going to bequeath my/our 2 Asian Arowana to your daughter, so you can tell her she's 'part-owner' too (technically more than you:) Just don't forget to tell her about the Dept. of Fish & Game side of things some day when she's old enough to understand.
Soo true... my kids were the main thing that slowed me down. Lol i went from mel gibson lethal weapon to mr rodgers over night lol

Kudos to you for raising your daughter man. Mine is 6 and already acting like shes 20 those teenage yrs have me scared shhhhhheeeeet.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Soo true... my kids were the main thing that slowed me down. Lol i went from mel gibson lethal weapon to mr rodgers over night lol

Kudos to you for raising your daughter man. Mine is 6 and already acting like shes 20 those teenage yrs have me scared shhhhhheeeeet.
Ah no worries buddy, just get ready for the longest tug-o-war game of your life lol.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Ah no worries buddy, just get ready for the longest tug-o-war game of your life lol.
On a serious note i am truly scared about the teens. I lose my control over them to a degree. The world as is, is a scary place. Im definitely going to be following them around in a disguise... not joking

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
The 1st time the child wraps its hand around your finger the fear melts away. Ive learned more from my kids than i could ever teach them.
Tour gonna be could at it simply because your scared of NOT being good.

Bro your daughter is beautiful! She reminds me of mine haha my son doesnt like messing around with worms but my daughter thinks they're cute haha.

Man they are gonna turn out perfect they have you as a role model
Thanks bro you guys have been freaken awesome! That means A lot coming from you. Tbh I don’t even like touching the worms but she is fearless. I don’t know one thing she’s afraid of.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store