Back to goldfish?

Guapoteguy291

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2015
My son won a goldfish at local fair so I set him up with a 29 gallon for now. I've been watching this little fish and when I approach it with an open mind not from the "it's just a goldfish" "they're for kids" perspective they are quite beautiful and graceful to watch. I've been a pretty hardcore cichlid keeper for a long time (haven't been without a tank in 15 years) I've kept biggest, baddest, rarest, different strains what have you. Bit this little fish has me thinking of doing a serious goldfish tank lol

choomanji

Exodon
MFK Member
May 10, 2016
I know what you mean! Saw a ranchu for the first time at a store a couple months ago and could not get it out of my head. Then saw some at another store a couple weeks ago for a steal and could not say no...

image.jpeg

Also, I just inherited 3x 3-3.5 inch feeder goldfish, and could not watch my Mayan cichlid slowly pick at them...but I don't have another large enough tank either...so I've been looking at how to setup an indoor pond. Boy this hobby is addicting...smh. But yes...I say go for it! :)

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Fancy Goldfish setups can be very relaxing to watch

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

grammodes

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
iowa
My daughter has two pearscales. They have become my favorite fish. The lfs had some fancy goldfish the size of softballs. Really cool to watch.

I am thinking of setting up my 100 gallon tank as a goldfish tank as well.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Checkout black lion heads or find some good quality shebunkins, my former neighbor keeps several kinds of goldfish big hybrid bluegill, they mostly ignore each other and the biggest goldfish is 13 ish inches not including fins

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
The only Thing that's good about them is their intense colour. Other than that, I can't see why people like them.

GEV83

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
LA County, California
Fancy Goldfish setups can be very relaxing to watch

That tank looks awesome but looks like a temp show tank. Sand is completely clean no poop and no sign of filtration. Just see an air like for the bubble wand. Setup looks nice though. It is relaxing.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
The only Thing that's good about them is their intense colour. Other than that, I can't see why people like them.
You have never seen a nice set up is why. I am thinking of setting up a 90 for wakins. I started with goldfish, and now after 10 years of my own tanks, I was thinking of going into rift lake cichlids or a nano reef, but I thought, and the fish that gave me the most joy was my goldfish. Yes, I loved my gouramiis, and every one of my many different catfish, and I always had a wish list with a silver aro and a bichir on it, and reefs make me jealous, but the best tank I ever had was that 55 with those goldfish. I'm coming back.................but maybe only for an aquaponic setup outside.:):p:)

Reactions: GamerChick5567
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store