Bahia kelberi peacock bass care

Iwagumikun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2012
Hate sump I was originally gonna plug the two corner drains and two center return holes. But thought i would not get enough gph from the two fx5s now i regret getting the 1800 gph and adding the two 750gph pumps in the tank for water movement but the dang water still cloudy. I spent so much on the 7 Bahias already from lfs and converting the original leaking PVC pipes to hoses already. Hate to invest more money on this tank that cost me too much to want to say. Starting to hate this hobby. Maybe sell and take a long break...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
You need to hang out at the cichla forum. Lots of good info and tips.
One member had great success with his 180g and a single canister filter.
Again, cloudy water means it's not cycled yet. Hang in there.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Why is this lesson learn? You should be posting in the bass section. Bass are not that hard to raise if they are already on pellets. They are no where as delicate as altums angels and discus.

Iwagumikun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2012
Update - The fish died from wife spraying strong spray chemicals on the garage deck. Noticed oily substance that was not there before on clean section of the sump. Next day fish started to die. Got rid of sump system, plugged up and sealed canisters. No problems ever since! :headbang2Spangles looking Grrrreat!:popcorn:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store