Ball Python ID

izzy_here

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 13, 2010
michigan
^ how do you know where it came from? In any case, it looks normal to me, but i do agree there is a small possibility it is a pastel. Breed them and find out.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I don't, but neither do you. Working with the info you've been given in this thread, you made (imo) a statement that was just slightly more ludicrous than mine. If both snakes had been known to come from the same place, your assumption would have been a safe one to make.

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
My point is that you can't say that it did not come from bob clark. I said i believed it was a normal, I never said that it wasn't a pastel, just suggested that the coloration does not gaurantee the genetics of the animal. In any case, this argument is pointless. If you want to know if its pastel, breed it.

izzy_here

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 13, 2010
michigan
My point is that you can't say that it did not come from bob clark. I said i believed it was a normal, I never said that it wasn't a pastel, just suggested that the coloration does not gaurantee the genetics of the animal. In any case, this argument is pointless. If you want to know if its pastel, breed it.

I wasn't aware we were having an argument until you informed me otherwise. Up until then I thought we were presenting the reasoning behind our respective conclusions on the bp in question. At most I took it as friendly debate...not clear how it became an argument.

izzy_here

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 13, 2010
michigan
As a debate it actually did have a point, as an argument you're correct it definitely had no point. And as you pointed out, you at least thought it was an argument.....apologies extended, have fun with this thread.

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
Male looks like a low quality pastel

Sent from my LG-P999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

A. gigas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2010
Both are normals. Yet another case of wishful thinking. I promise you that you will never see a morph sold as a normal. People don't take a chance that they'll lose money in the Ball Python industry. If they can even possibly sell something as a morph, you had better believe they will.

Shenanigans

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2011
Wyoming
Both are normals. Yet another case of wishful thinking. I promise you that you will never see a morph sold as a normal. People don't take a chance that they'll lose money in the Ball Python industry. If they can even possibly sell something as a morph, you had better believe they will.
Not necessarily true. Its not all about money. There are so many BP breeders out there that most breeders strive for a good reputation. If it came from a hobbyist it could be about money or lack of experience. But real breeders looking to stay in business would rather sell a morph as a normal than to sell a normal as a morph and have it not prove out. I know many breeders that will even give you a free breeding size snake of the morph you purchased if it did not prove out.

Look at the evidence and dont compare personal experience. A browned out pastel is common, probably 90% of pastels brown out as sub-adults. Out of the thousands of breeders in the states alone, odds are its not bob clarke's. Since Im sure bob clarke is not producing all 10% of high quality normals that still doesnt mean much.

Even without the blushing, that still looks pretty light in color for even the high quality normals that ive seen. It actually resembles my ghost BP very closely. The op never said where it was acquired. It could have been purchased as anything and then sold second hand on CL by someone who couldnt remember and just looked up pics online and took a guess.

OP, Unless you did buy it from a good breeder, I would personally go and double check the genders. It is much more common to sell males as females than it is to get the morph wrong. If you were hoping to breed, that could be an issue. Since a female takes 2-3 years to be a breeder, finding out your new girl is a male can be a real set back

Grimspound

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2013
Panama
Both look normal

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store