ballpython vs swordtail

horndevl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2006
Indiana USA
Have a 55 gal community tank. and my python like to swim so i keep the water level a little low and let him swim.Didn't think much until he zeroed in on my fish he ate the swordtail.Kinda cool to watch guess now ill have breeder fish for my snake too. :eek: maybe he like sushi with his mice?

lovespunaround

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2005
Spartanburg, SC
Your ball python likes to swim? That's odd...in my experience with ball pythons, they don't even like to soak. They're from the African savannah where they wouldn't even really have a chance to swim.
hmmm....

SiestaSkyy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2006
Brooklyn, MI
lovespunaround said:
Your ball python likes to swim? That's odd...in my experience with ball pythons, they don't even like to soak. They're from the African savannah where they wouldn't even really have a chance to swim.
hmmm....
:bs: Agreed. theres a difference between him liking to swim and swiming when put in the water. and I cant see him doing anything but trying to get out once in the water, let alone hunting. i think someone is streching the truth.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
My chinchilla ate my ball python! :ROFL:

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
hmmmmmmmm?? :screwy:

horndevl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2006
Indiana USA
Well i thought i studied up on these? I read a few web pages on ball pythons and trouble shooting, and it stated to give them a cubby hole with water so they can soak in private, and also stated they were good swimmers? Also jessica@pythons stated letting them swim in large container,,so ive tried it he lays in his water bowl alot and when he is in the tank he swims back and force,water is high enough for him to get out if he wants to. normally i have to take him out. So i guess this ball python dosn't is mixed up ???Or something

lovespunaround

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2005
Spartanburg, SC
That really doesn't sound like a ball python to me...my brother and I have to force our ball pythons to soak when they go into shed. I'm not going to question that it's a ball python; they're pretty easy to tell apart from any other snake...it's just weird.

horndevl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2006
Indiana USA
I haven't done it for awhile,but I've gotten alot of usefull information from MFK and i like it here. So i'm gonna take your alls advice and let this thread stop thanks didn't mean to ruffle anyone feathers

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
any snake will swim if it has too i throw my corns and cali in the tub for a warm bath to help with bowl movements the corn hates it but he stays in hasnt a choice..as for eating fish hmm.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store