Bambusa - Any keepers?

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
lol i occasionally have small juvenile ones mixed in with the mixed feeder fish that i buy. had no idea what they were at first and all became food for my monster fish....
You should separate a couple and try to raise them LOL!

Just the same situation when we are getting Channa Micro here as feeders while I understand they are sought after by hobbyists in other countries. :D

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Hahahaha yeah I know that channa micro are sold as feeders in se Asia. I tried raising a bambusa before but it just refused to eat and eventually died. If I come across another decent size one, I'll try again.

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
How big is your bambusa? And yes the growth rate is really good with my guy. I got him at 4" and now he's pushing 7".

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
About 12-13 inches - yet to put on any serious girth. :(

But currently it is eating more than the ATFs and have no doubt it will outgrow them in matter months.

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Yeah I've seen my Guy's stomach triple in size and he is back looking like a minnow within hours! I've seen videos online of bambusas that are as thick as a well fed Goliath. I wonder when ours will get to be that way...

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Devastated. :(

image.jpeg

Couldn't believed it jumped thru the small opening from the tank. It was harassed constantly by the Odoe as I am currently trying to convert the whole tank to non live food and the pike has gotten cranky without food.

Reactions: moe214

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
So sorry red!

Reactions: Red Aimara
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com