Banjar

cropsebride

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2006
uk
Went to my local fish shop today, and they had a banjar red arowana, it was beautiful.
Sadly i dont have a big enough aquarium or e nough money fo rit.
It cost £ 695 and came with a certificate to say it was CITES approved and it was also was microw chipped .

Are all arowana microw chipped ? and do they all come with certificates?

Trentos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2006
Canada
Went to my local fish shop today, and they had a banjar red arowana, it was beautiful.
Sadly i dont have a big enough aquarium or e nough money fo rit.
It cost £ 695 and came with a certificate to say it was CITES approved and it was also was microw chipped .

Are all arowana microw chipped ? and do they all come with certificates?
only endangered species... that is an asian arowana. silver and black arows are not endagered so they are much cheaper and readily available. Endagered species must have paper work to show that they were not caught in the wild but were raised in captivity.

cropsebride

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2006
uk
Thanks for the reply. Was just curiouse as i've never seen on that came with a certificate. It a good idea.

Chaos32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Singapore / Malaysia
Wow can"t believe they are selling Banjar reds for those prices in the UK. Back here they are cheap. Where does the cert says it is from? ie. which farm?

IMO, banjar reds / banjar golds are a little bit of a tease. Juvenile fishes look good & look full of potential. When they mature, the look very pale & bare very little resemblance to either true reds nor gold. Better off getting RTGs or even greens lol. Over the years there have been Banjars further enhanced with XBs. The little ones look ok...awaiting the results when they mature.

cropsebride

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2006
uk
I dint see the certificate, i think you have to ask to see it. there was just a sign on the tank that said it came with one.

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
Well regardless, the price certainly is steep :D

very steep a banjar red over here would go for around £250 from an aro dealer and even that is too steep imo.
RTG's at 6'' got for £350 from arofanatic (a member here called HP) and these are much better fish i think they even come from imperial palace originally.

only asian aros are chipped as they are cites 1 and need a chip and cert to show they are farm bred.

cropsebride

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2006
uk
its about 9-10 inch ..Dont know why its so expencive, maybe there hard to find over here, i've only seen 1.

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
its about 9-10 inch ..Dont know why its so expencive, maybe there hard to find over here, i've only seen 1.

there was quite a few brought into the UK last year but as you can get a much better RTG for not much more money these days not many banjars are brought in now.
they are not that good a quality red and there was one for sale at around 8'' in durham last week which would have been a lot less money than £600.
whoever is selling at that price is making a killing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store