Barilius Bakeri

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
I recently picked up a group of these from my lfs and wondered if anyone else has kept them or similar and their experiences with them. So far they seem to be great, always swimming and only pick on each other. I have a group of 6 and they seem to get along fine. They have also made my thorichthys more active and outgoing which is great.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
These tend to be rheophillic, and require highly oxygenated water, so if it were me, I'd add an extra powerhead with venturi, unless the current in your tank is already strong.
My choice of cichlid tank mates, (being as anal as I am about geography) would be from the same region in India, Etroplus canarensus, although I'm pretty sure Thorichthys will work fine..

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
These tend to be rheophillic, and require highly oxygenated water, so if it were me, I'd add an extra powerhead with venturi, unless the current in your tank is already strong.
My choice of cichlid tank mates, (being as anal as I am about geography) would be from the same region in India, Etroplus canarensus, although I'm pretty sure Thorichthys will work fine..

Yeah I’ve ordered another wave maker for them, I don’t know how the thorichthys will do in the current but will have to experiment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store