Bass Pro Shops/Cabelas Aquariums

Supergeorge123

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2018
I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the tanks they usually have in these places. It is neat to see the north american fish species but i have never seen a tank that wasnt filled with injured or deformed fish, particularly the trout they usually have. I was wondering what everyone elses experiences were at these places.

Reactions: tlindsey

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
The tanks at christiana cabelas in delaware have always been well kept. Last time i was there i got to see two nice pbass guarding a clutch of eggs so i know theyre happy campers.

The bass pro in henrico, va has a very impressive, heavily stocked 2500 gal reef and a native tank with a blue cat thats gotta be close to 100 lbs.

Reactions: tlindsey

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
The main aquarium at Bass Pro here is always in pretty good shape. Every once in awhile you'll see a fish with an injury but when you have predators like Pike & Musky in with smaller fish that's just par for the course.

They one here has a small pond/stream for the trout. I've noticed the number of trout decrease a lot in that over the past couple years. They really should have a chiller of some sort on there for the trout (not sure but I don't think they do) Gets pretty warm in the store for trout in 2ft of water.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I visited the Hamburg,Pa Cabelas location a few years ago and their diplay tanks were full of young tiger muskies.....not sure what they have now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store