here's a teaser pic..will post video once i move them to the 45g

uploadfromtaptalk1337127419749.jpg

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
sorry for the late post..spent the past few hours setting up their growout tank..time for bed..

[video=youtube_share;bEQiN5zN3_0]http://youtu.be/bEQiN5zN3_0[/video]

itsKRUDD

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
just got in 4 guyana ocells from snookn21..they came in at about 1 1/2''..going to update this thread once every month starting today..dont have a exact idea on diet yet..two of the 4 already took pieces of tilapia..they are still ssettling in..i'll post a video of them tonight..my aquarium lights come on at 8pm..i also rather do a video due to little ones are always hard to take pics of..when i have more info on diet ex. i'll post more info..
Ive been looking to pick up 1 - 2 more pbass, do you mind sharing how much you paid for these? Were they shipped?

Also I didnt even think of trying to feed my guys tilapia. How do they like it, and are they growing at a good rate on this? Right now my guys are on frozen silversides, frozen shrimp, and bloodworms. Past 2 days its been shrimp. I started the switch from live to frozen a week ago today and they're doing great.

Ill be sticking around for this thread :)

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Cool mike, they are gunna look great with your others
thanks..i hope they do..my orino's xingus and azul all have blues to them so it will be nice to see some diffrent color in the tank..

Nice buddy, looking forward to the grow out!! I have two lil Guyana Ocells myself and they are really cool cichla! :popcorn:
thanks..guyana ocells are awesome little guys..love their blood shot eyes..

Ive been looking to pick up 1 - 2 more pbass, do you mind sharing how much you paid for these? Were they shipped?

Also I didnt even think of trying to feed my guys tilapia. How do they like it, and are they growing at a good rate on this? Right now my guys are on frozen silversides, frozen shrimp, and bloodworms. Past 2 days its been shrimp. I started the switch from live to frozen a week ago today and they're doing great.

Ill be sticking around for this thread :)
i prefer frzn shrimp over tilapia..but for little cichla tilapia is softer then shrimp and easir for them to eat..i'll pm you the info on these guys..

Miss my Ocellaris, Mike where'd you get the Guyana's from?
aquabid..snookn21 (john)..

Decker504

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2010
New Orleans/Old Metry
sweet..i'll def take a vid tonight..

:D

2 out of my 4 ate tilapia and one ate tiny pieces of carnivore pellets..IMO when getting baby cichla esp if trying to avoid feeding live food start them out of frozen shrimp or tilapia..as they adjust quicker..but then thats just my opinion..would love to see pics of your little guys..even though they are a bit bigger then mine would love to see how ours turn out ..
I will get some pics or a vid soon. They are 3 little pigs. I will pick up some tilapia or GUMBO shrimp too.

From DJ/MC Decker

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
just a little info..got them in a 45g growout temp set at 88 degrees with a hob and two airstones..feeding them guppies and rosie reds..still small to switch over to frzn but they sure grown a little bit..i'll update this soon..soon they will b with tems and azul growouts ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store