Bathybates Fasciatus

Tenuidentatus

Feeder Fish
Nov 13, 2017
I recently acquired a wild female Bathybates Fasciatus (~10 inches)and I can find nowhere on the internet to get more.
I would like to find at least one male (The more the merrier though, I would like a true colony.) to start breeding them but as stated I can't find anything.
I contacted bluechips aquatics to see if they could get me one, but I figured I'd broaden my options to this forum to see if anyone else has scored one.
Here's my female.20171110_182546.jpg
I don't quite understand why you consider the genera bathybates as a monster fish. The largest they attain is about 15 inches in length, very passive, just a pelagic piscivore feeding on the lakes sardine and maybe the occasional juvenile cyprichromis. No offense to anyone, just in my opinion not a mosnter fish. But a very amazing fish none the less.

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
Try Butch at southeast cichlids. He has stuff come in wild caught and from Germany pretty much every month. Very cool fish, looks alot like my rhampsochromis.

Tenuidentatus

Feeder Fish
Nov 13, 2017
Try Butch at southeast cichlids. He has stuff come in wild caught and from Germany pretty much every month. Very cool fish, looks alot like my rhampsochromis.
Thank you for that source, Ill look into it as soon as I get back from camping.
Yes, they are quite similar. B.Fasciatus occupies the same niche in Tanganyika that R.Macrothalmus occupies in Malawi. Convergent evolution.

Reactions: jsc

trop

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2020
Very cool fish. How do you think they will fare with frontosa?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store