Beamswork LED Aquarium Lighting

Fishguy679

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2016
My 48 inch beamswork lights my 180 gallon up pretty well, and it was under 30 bucks on eBay.

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
My 48 inch beamswork lights my 180 gallon up pretty well, and it was under 30 bucks on eBay.
Yeah, I've got a no-name 48" LED strip light I got off eBay for $30 about 2yrs ago. It's a blue/white 10,000K range color/temp. It's been perfect over my oscar and severum tank.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
Looks like a green element tri led 1 watt fixture?
I suppose so, I am quite satisfied with them other than I was hoping for a bluer moon light. They have proven to be quite durable and long lived (watch them all start to fail now). I would buy again for sure

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
digital timer option
Hello; A question about digital timers. I bought a stand alone digital timer ( just a timer into which anything can be plugged) I soon discovered this type of timer goes to the off position anytime the power is interrupted. My electricity apparently flickers off a lot more than I knew about before.
I went back to the older style as they will start back up when the power comes back on. The on/off period may be skewed by the number of minutes the power was off.
With the digital timers the lights would stay off until I reprogramed the timer, which was a pain, compared to the old type where I only had to rotate the dial a bit.
Finally my question. Is the above true of the lights you mention?

sells 100x more lights then other company's some do end up defective
Hello; To me it is not how many they sell but that are defective but how they deal with a defective product. Had a Phillips chord less phone set component die after a long time and contacted them about buying a replacement handset. They sent me a new hand set and base free of charge. I will buy from them again.

just make sure to hang onto the original packaging and receipt in case you have issues.
hello; Good advice. Might wind up with a room of empty boxes but still a good way to deal with things.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Hello; A question about digital timers. I bought a stand alone digital timer ( just a timer into which anything can be plugged) I soon discovered this type of timer goes to the off position anytime the power is interrupted. My electricity apparently flickers off a lot more than I knew about before.
I went back to the older style as they will start back up when the power comes back on. The on/off period may be skewed by the number of minutes the power was off.
With the digital timers the lights would stay off until I reprogramed the timer, which was a pain, compared to the old type where I only had to rotate the dial a bit.
Finally my question. Is the above true of the lights you mention?

Hello; To me it is not how many they sell but that are defective but how they deal with a defective product. Had a Phillips chord less phone set component die after a long time and contacted them about buying a replacement handset. They sent me a new hand set and base free of charge. I will buy from them again.

hello; Good advice. Might wind up with a room of empty boxes but still a good way to deal with things.
Yes almost all digital timers I've had on any lights need to be reset when the power goes out. I know my maxspect was the same way. The beamswork timers need to be reset as well but the lights can still be plugged into the regular turn timers. I always found company's that sell more get more reviews and thus tend to get more negative reviews as well.

Timmy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
On Mother EARTH
I have the Beamswork with LED timer, I have lost power several times and the Timer resumes where it left off (power goes out for 1-3 mins). Never had to re-set timer..

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I have the Beamswork with LED timer, I have lost power several times and the Timer resumes where it left off (power goes out for 1-3 mins). Never had to re-set timer..
There you go, what about an overnight power outage?

Reactions: skjl47

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Never had an over night outage, I would assume any lengthy duration will require re-setting the timer.
Hello; My digital equipment varies as to how long the power outage affects it. The direct TV may be the most sensitive, with the least flicker of power causing it to take several moments to reset and begin to broadcast again. I have a couple of DVR's that may not be affected by a brief outage (seconds) but I will have to reset the clocks if the power is off for minutes.
Now that I am retired resetting a digital timer on my tanks is mostly a pain as I am around most of the time. Back when working it would have affected my tank lights for hours and if gone for a weekend perhaps days.
Kind of like the early power filters that lost siphon very often, sometimes every day, and had to be restarted. I kept bubblers and bubble operated filters going as a back up. (Still do.)

the big kahuna

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
new york city
To the OP, great info. Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store