Because why not make the hobby even more expensive?

Mike Thorn

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2017
Hello all. Getting ready to post up a WIP thread on my 300g build and thought I'd actually use the intro forum for once.

About 15 years ago I had a stable and successful 20gal freshwater fish-only and a few assorted 5g tanks where I dabbled with live plants. Last October I convinced my wife to let me install a 75g freshwater planted tank in our livingroom (ostensibly for our then-1yo daughter's amusement, but in reality just as much my own of course). It has evolved a few times in the last seven months in terms of flora contents, but it is still home to a trio of lovely Triochogaster leeri, eight Otocinclus, three Corydoras splendens, and about two dozen Paracheirodon Innesi, aka the common neon tetra.

Early this year we took a little field trip to Blue Fish Aquariums, a saltwater specialty shop in Cleveland, OH, and it only took about five minutes before my wife said "we need a saltwater tank!" Fast forward, and I have an empty 300g acrylic in my livingroom, waiting to be inhabited. Well, waiting for me to win the lottery so I can afford to stock it, more like...haha.

I work in small-business IT but have a fairly technical background, so I enjoy the build and maintenance/automation process almost as much as I enjoy the fish themselves. Very much looking forward to the challenges of saltwater and catching up with the spectacular installations found here at MFK.

Thanks for all the fish.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Looking forward to your build thread. I also have an appreciation for automation etc... welcome to MFK!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store