Beef Heart

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
In terms of nutrition, i give up. There is no point wasting time debating Neills knowledge of the stuff.

I had already switched over tottally to pellets years ago. now i am doing the switch to nls. Only problem i have is the love of Massivore my guys have. But some allready surrendered. All will, eventually.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Im worried that by feeding freeze-dried krill, parasites might develop...have you seen any cases? Even though companies claim they are free of such, I would think there's a chance like the risk of feeding live food does;better reason to stick with NLS I guess
Endo - chances of parasites from freeze dried krill is pretty much zero. For a starter krill are salt water organisms, so even if something did survive the freeze drying process (which is possible, but not very probable) it shouldn't affect a fresh water system. But still, other than your own entertainment value there's really no good reason to feed "extra" protein/fat to an omnivorous fish such as flowerhorn. IMO most flowerhorn are already grossly overfed.

Maybe save the FD krill for only a couple of times a week? You still get to see your fish go nuts, but at the same time his overall protein/fat calorie intake will be reduced. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store