Before and after pics of your tank

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Have you ever planted a tank and think to yourself “yea, I’ll get around to fixing that tank and make it look nice”....only to realize not even a year later it looks like an unkempt jungle that’s too far gone now?

I really thought I would with this tank, however, I did not.

now it’s an unruly planted mess lol

please do share your before and after pictures of your tanks. Weather unsuccessful or successful all before and after pics are welcome here ?

first pic June 2019
Second pic March 2020
CE49A313-DD5E-4785-B3E5-52746D0F7E49.jpeg4C4BFA32-60FC-44B1-B9F6-863274DA0BD7.jpeg

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
If that 2nd picture is what your tank looks like now i'd enter it into tank of the month for April, never mind butcher all that greenery, it looks fab. I think unkempt planted tanks can look awesome. Great for your fish, great for your water, but maybe not so great at maintainance time, cleaning gravel and what not.

I'm curious, that's not a low tech system is it, do you run CO2 to achieve that look?

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
If that 2nd picture is what your tank looks like now i'd enter it into tank of the month for April, never mind butcher all that greenery, it looks fab. I think unkempt planted tanks can look awesome. Great for your fish, great for your water, but maybe not so great at maintainance time, cleaning gravel and what not.

I'm curious, that's not a low tech system is it, do you run CO2 to achieve that look?
Yes this is my tank now, I was planning to pull all the plants and position them in a more eye catching/appropriate placement. I didn’t and now it seems like such a task I’m just going to leave it as is. Haha

This tank is as low tech as you can possibly go. No co2 required, no liquid ferts.

substrate is the plant friendly stuff fluorite that has slow release ferts for 5 years. And I also use root tabs a couple of times a year.

it’s not bad for gravel backing maintenance really...couple of areas I can’t get into.

I might save it for a different totm contest. :)

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
I must admit I like the unkept jungle look, looks like the kind of habitat I dive in, and think your tank looks great.
I am a little jealous of all the places you can go swimming and diving into!! Your a lucky man, keep the videos coming for those of us that are landlocked with no where to enjoy underwater habitats!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store