Behold, my mini monster in disguise

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
What a nasty piece of work :nilly:

Livebearers are mean fish! More aggressive than people assume due to their small size and bright colors. But I have had somew swordtails that were every bit as mean as cichlids for sure.
Mosquitofish are out competing local species for similar reasons!

NoodleCats

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2020
Get two males or three. You can put enough males in with her and she won’t be able to do anything but run from them.
Ahh its tempting, but a 20 gal can only fit so many mollies, and tbh im done getting more livebearers because ive figured out my hardness level is just a touch too low for them. TDS for my locality is only 150 at the highest. Ive hardened my livebearers community tank to support the population i have, but this girl is in a totally different tank which cant be hardened more, so...

I won't be adding new livebearers unless any are born in my tanks.

That and my male molly is already a jerk too. Hes listed looking for a new home right now as hes been beating on my platies and barbs too. I tried him with another female molly and he beat her as well.

That molly girl is in with the mean girl now and surprisingly they get on okay. A few spats here and there, but they follow each other around a lot and seem to be friends enough.

received_598688160730275.jpeg

On a different note. That’s some pretty good photography skills to get an action photo of them going at it and everything still be in focus.
:clap
Thank you lol

Livebearers are mean fish! More aggressive than people assume due to their small size and bright colors. But I have had somew swordtails that were every bit as mean as cichlids for sure.
Right? My platy girls are nice and even tempered. A few nips but only if food is involved. My guppy girls are both little sweethearts.
My platy boys are little devils together. All 3 chase each other, a fascinating pecking order has clearly shown between the 3 of them and the terrors run about the 3 foot tank like little chihuahuas after a mailman.
Mollies... theyre the meanest of the ones i keep more consistently. My one black molly girl is sweet. Doesnt bother no one. My marble girl is a brute.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store