Bengal cat OK in the same house w/pussy cat and golden retriever?

mr.bigglesworth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
By SF, Farther Inland, NorCal
I have always wanted a bengal, havent asked my mom but just to make sure would a bengal be ok with a male 14lb cat and a 9yr old laid back golden? provided the golden gets along great with the cat and is scared ****less of kittens when I foster them, purposely avoiding them at all cost because he hates getting hissed at? both the cat and dog play with each other and get along great. We do have coyotes all over the property which is why the cat is indoors only. I already lost a cat a few years ago by coyotes so I'd like to keep them indoors only if possible. But the house is plenty big for them both. I am sure of that.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
One of my coworkers just lucked up on a Bengal at the local animal shelter.It depends I guess on the pets that you already have and how they might accept the new cat.Do you have any pictures of this 14 pound cat?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Depends on what generation Bengal your talking about getting... My sister had 2 F3's... one passed away from cancer... both have very very different personalities from each other even though from the same litter... one was always hiding, very wild in nature and was always wary of any one he didn't know extremely well... The other, had to always be the center of attention, loud as hell, always stalking people any chance it could, and active as hell...

Both were big cats as well, i think the smaller one was at least 10KG, while the other was about 13KG or 14KG...

mr.bigglesworth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
By SF, Farther Inland, NorCal
Depends on what generation Bengal your talking about getting... My sister had 2 F3's... one passed away from cancer... both have very very different personalities from each other even though from the same litter... one was always hiding, very wild in nature and was always wary of any one he didn't know extremely well... The other, had to always be the center of attention, loud as hell, always stalking people any chance it could, and active as hell...

Both were big cats as well, i think the smaller one was at least 10KG, while the other was about 13KG or 14KG...
Not that much bigger IMO. Bengals are actually smaller than some obese pussy cats like compared to the worlds fattest cat which is 41lbs. a guinness world record btw. see my thread 'world's fattest cat' in the lounge for the video. or search youtube. they weigh it on a scale live on the show for proof.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
How will that make a difference? Does it mean the cat has adapted better to life in urban areas? Whats so bad about 1st gen, 2nd gen, or 4th gen? is there a 4th gen yet? How long have bengals been around in the pet trade?
The further the generation the more domesticated the cat is. If you get a cat from first cross breed, the cat is more likely to be "wild".

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
How will that make a difference? Does it mean the cat has adapted better to life in urban areas? Whats so bad about 1st gen, 2nd gen, or 4th gen? is there a 4th gen yet? How long have bengals been around in the pet trade?
F1's are HUGE... they are probably about the size of the medium to large-ish size dog and are extremely wild by nature... F3' and after are much more domesticated, although like one of my sisters old cats, can still have some very wild streaks in it...

Not that much bigger IMO. Bengals are actually smaller than some obese pussy cats like compared to the worlds fattest cat which is 41lbs. a guinness world record btw. see my thread 'world's fattest cat' in the lounge for the video. or search youtube. they weigh it on a scale live on the show for proof.
Yes, but bengals aren't usually fat, and my sisters two were both very fit, and very muscular... so when your talking about a cat that is 10 - 15 KG in weight and NOT fat, that is one strong and very active cat...

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
If you don't know what Fseries are and how they effect "expected" behavior in wild variant animals, logic sense should recommend that you not get one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store