Best channa for a community tank?

Jdk

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2020
Indonesia
Hi, i currently have a 300g pond with a polypterus, a few endlicheri, a pleco, and 6 botia. I've been wanting to buy fish that controls and scares the toad/frog population in my yard but at the same time can also get along with the other fishes in the pond.
I've heard that channa pleuro does well in groups as well as community tanks? Any thoughts/suggestions?

Bodhisatta

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2023
Hi, i currently have a 300g pond with a polypterus, a few endlicheri, a pleco, and 6 botia. I've been wanting to buy fish that controls and scares the toad/frog population in my yard but at the same time can also get along with the other fishes in the pond.
I've heard that channa pleuro does well in groups as well as community tanks? Any thoughts/suggestions?
I don't recommend channa because of the botias, if the snakehead try eats it both will die, try make a tank for a only one snakehead and no others fishs

hancotip

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2024
norway
Once, I had a tank where a Channa Gachua ate Khuli Loaches and Corys, but the Snakehead fish survived. I belive they to have spikes with poison

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store