Best color substrate?

weicong

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2005
Singapore
get those red quartz or red gravel.
Its prove to improve the coloration of bichirs.
Even hardcore japs use them

ChickenTeeth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
Canada
Green n Yellow gravel and large childern's Marbels are the best

weicong

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2005
Singapore
ChickenTeeth said:
Green n Yellow gravel and large childern's Marbels are the best
hmmm y izzit the best huh? care to explain?

Nubster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2005
WV
Pics? I am thinking about black and doing a Buddha theme. I like the idea of the red though.

cuban jey

"tha movement you bastards"
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2005
Tampa Bay
what about black n red that sounds tight, these are some old pics of my tanks i changed up the 150 by removing the 2 dragons and placing wood in their spot but my buddha still chillin :grinyes:

fish Picture 002.jpg

fish Picture 005.jpg

ROSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2005
connecticut
not so sure if gravel is a wise choice for you bichirs .. sand maybe better I also could be wrong . but I belive some one posted a thread on one of these fish with a blockedge and it was suspected to be from the gravel he had in his tank because of the way this type of fish eat's or location ( level , low. medium. high .point 's in tank..) or you may want to go bare bottom.. :D

mcblack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
singapore
gravel is not a wise choice cause bichirs tend to suck food on the base of the tank, might eat the gravel unintentionally, so sand would be your best option :)

cmersits

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
Yorktown, New York
I really really really like flourite, its uber great for plants and it looks really nice if you are going to the "natural" look. Be sure to was it though, or it will be really cloudy for 3-4 days when you add water ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store