Best Flake Food?

kamikaziechameleon

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2010
western hemisphere
I'm starting some of those boring community tanks :banhim:

I've become extremely versed in pellet foods and have a foundation of knowledge in the DIY and live food areas but I'm a fish out of water with flake foods, Should I consider them or just stick with really fine pellet foods??? I like flake because it sinks but slower than pellets and that works better for my more laid back fish. I'm feeding small rainbows like dwarf neons, celebs, and threadfin rainbows, soon I'm hoping to get some angel fish and rams. Thanks for the input. currently I have them on NLS community pellets and they struggle to eat them or grab them before they hit bottom/get lost in the plants. Omega one is the only flake I've used in recent history.:)

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
mmm my boring community tank with tetras and angels works with NLS community pellets, its pretty high stocked, we put a bit of food in and the angels take the pellets from the surface then tetras take them falling when it hits the ground the corys get most of it but all the fish swim down and pick it up also. so saying this I think when the fish get used to it they will learn to come down and pick it up.

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
Omega one tropical flakes or aqugon tropical flakes. I have heard that NLS is good too.

aquaman95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
washington
omega one flakes with color enhancer i feed
1 porthole catfish
10 wc minnows
2 gold gourami
1 redtail shark minnow

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com