BEST FOOD FOR AROWANA !!!

jodyyyy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2020
Suggestions for food that is suitable for 6 inches silver arowana .... THANK YOU !!!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Suggestions for food that is suitable for 6 inches silver arowana .... THANK YOU !!!
Floating pellet, freeze dried Krill or Shrimp, and floating food sticks preferably Hikari Brand. Also small strips of Tilapia can be offered. I would only offer freeze dried Bloodworms to smaller finicky Silver Arowana to get them to eat prepared foods. Freeze dried Bloodworms lack nutrition and should never be fed as a staple.

flukeone

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2019
Mauritius
This is what mine likes in order of preference :
20200107_192719.jpg
I alternate foodsticks and shrimps every other day. The third option is more of an add-on but he's not too fond of it.

When feeding shrimps like this I like to break off the head as it has a sharp spike on the head

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
Floating pellet, freeze dried Krill or Shrimp, and floating food sticks preferably Hikari Brand. Also small strips of Tilapia can be offered. I would only offer freeze dried Bloodworms to smaller finicky Silver Arowana to get them to eat prepared foods. Freeze dried Bloodworms lack nutrition and should never be fed as a staple.
+1

Reactions: tlindsey

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
In addition to dry pellet food and shrimp or krill, small pieces or tilapia, cricket and meal worm treats

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
Depends what you mean by "best". Cost wise? Probably pellets. Conneniencr wise? Pellets. Entertainment wise? Probably live guppies and similar live food. Health wise? A mix of pellets and frozen/live food.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Please get Arowana on prepared foods first before feeding live feeders or you will have a very difficult time getting Aro off live. Also your feeders must be quarantined first prior to offering to the Arowana if you choose to go that route. Feeders from lfs may be infected or carry harmful pathogens.

robuk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2011
UK
Got mine taking a combination a frozen prawn, tilapia and scallop, incremented with floating arowana pellets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store