Best food to feed my pbass??

klutch

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
gonzales, Louisiana
I have been feeding them goldfish feeders and they look great. But I wanna switch it up a little. What is a healthy food for them? Pellets, other live foods, Ill try anything just to see how they react to it. Thx for the info!!

Ps: I just want y'all opinions on food, no need to start arguing over what is better. Lol

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
Anything they will eat will be best for them. Either pellets, silver sides, shrimp or what ever the case may be, a varied diet would be beneficial for the bass.

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
Anything but LIVE.........You want color, give them Bio-Gold+ Pellets.

klutch

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
gonzales, Louisiana
Anything they will eat will be best for them. Either pellets, silver sides, shrimp or what ever the case may be, a varied diet would be beneficial for the bass.
Silver sides?

Anything but LIVE.........You want color, give them Bio-Gold+ Pellets.
Why anything but live? That's all I have ever fed them and they r healthy and quite colorful...
Like I get it everyone is against live food but they seem to be very healthy.

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
Live fish don't provide all of the nutrients they need. I hear goldfish feeders are the worst because they can cause some sort of fatty liver problems.

klutch

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
gonzales, Louisiana
Live fish don't provide all of the nutrients they need. I hear goldfish feeders are the worst because they can cause some sort of fatty liver problems.
Yea I've heard they r not the healthiest thing to give them. Just doesn't make much sense to me, they eat fish in the wild. Maybe I should start feeding them tilapia?

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
Yeah probably. Tilapia fillets are a common food used by forum members. The only thing is in the wild they also eat things like frogs, rodents, insects, and crustaceans. A balanced diet is always the best diet. If you're feeding them live fish you can "gut-load" them to make them more nutritious, meaning you feed the feeders with pellets/flakes before giving them to your fish. You just want to make sure your bass aren't deficient in certain vitamins, amino acids, etc...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store